Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My dog.


"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.

When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man.

With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion.


With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.


His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.


He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have.


He is just my dog."


-- Gene Hill

These are my dogs. Both rottweilers with very different personalities. Cassie is very sweet and affectionate. She acts like a labrador and gets very demanding when ignored. Nyxie, on the other hand, is very independent and playful. Very mischievous and noisy, but obedient when scolded. They are my kids and I'm their mommy. :D

Cassie.


Nyxie.

{pixdaus for pictures.}

5 comments:

kookie kulasa said...

I really like your blog!! :) It's simple but really cool :) Looking forward to your future entries!

Ella Gregory said...

I really want a dog. They are so sweet.

Style On Track said...

AWWW..... this post is so sweet, doggies really are a persons best friend :D I was actually thinking yesterday that when I am older I am going to start my own dog shelter :)

loveology said...

Such sweet doggies!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! <3

Your blog is great..

Mila.

poeta fit, non nascitur said...

Nicole: thank you! it took me more than a month to finally tell you about this blog. harhar.

Coco: i'll give you one though I think the the distance between us will make that difficult.

On track: you make me smile all the time.

Mila: oh i'm so flattered you dropped by since i'm inlove with YOUR blog.